Sunday, March 15, 2009

Refiner's Fire.

So much to blog about, but I don't know how much to put, what to put, and so forth. so.. I'll just begin by saying...
1. Suffering is good because God is so good.
2. Reconciliation is good because God is gracious.
3. Everything is done (or oftentimes NOT done) according to God's perfect plan and impeccable timing.

I am such a sinner.
But God will use it to magnify His glory in the end... and I shall be judged for all the damage I've done to people and to myself when my time comes.

You know, we constantly ask God.. "mold me, make me better, help me to be more like you, change my heart, refine me in the fire, etc"

And honestly, be careful what you ask for. Because God will give it to you.. It may mean immense suffering, sorrow, and shame. Think about it. Refiner's fire. Literally. FIRE. Agonizing, burning, PAIN. Feeling your skin get seared and torn apart as all of your flesh melts away. (Like Two-Face in Dark Knight, but with a much better result) Are you prepared for what God will show you? Even if you aren't God may do it anyway because it is all for HIS good, which means for our good too. But remember, amidst the craziness He may pour upon you, God is doing it to bless your life. There is always hope. It's really ALL OVER the Bible. Just take a look.

1. "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

2. And rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces pereverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. Romans 5:2b-5

3. Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4

4. "My son (daughter. hehe), do not make light of the Lord's discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son." Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined (and everyone undergoes discipline), then you are illegitimate children and not true sons. [...] No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Hebrews 12: 5-8,11

4 comments:

  1. omg, joan! this is what i've been learning about these past few days at church/with friends/by myself/ etc!

    Did you know, that...
    When a silversmith refines his silver in the fire, he has to sit in front of the stove and just watch it. If he takes his eyes off the silver and happens to lose the moment he's supposed to take out the silver, the silver is ruined, and there's no restoring it. Also, the only way the silversmith knows that the silver is purified enough, is if he can see his own image reflecting off of the pure silver....

    1 Peter 5:10.
    And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.

    I TOTALLY want to be broken while i'm here! :D
    It's such an exciting time in Korea. There's no doubt that there's going to be a powerful revival here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed" (1 Peter 4).

    ReplyDelete
  3. we on the same boat.

    yes, hebrews 12 for me

    ReplyDelete