Sunday, March 1, 2009

EXTREME MAKEOVER, Home Edition.

1. Our family FINALLY got new sofas! (after... 9 years?) I hated the couches we used to have. Tacky and uncomfortable. Now, we have dark brown, leather. Oh and the furniture people threw in a new dining table too. So yay!

2. NEW TV! (On sale at Costco, YAY.) Had to get a new one since all TV's have to be digital now. -_- But yes. It is very clean, nice, and beautiful. I can't enjoy it for a few more weeks, but it's all good.

3. Since our church has now .... closed... all of my dad's books at church have come home in the past few weeks (and trust me, there were already shelves and shelves of books here to begin with). Many PK's, I'm sure, can attest to this phenomenon where part/all of your house is devoted solely to books.

Our house has gone through a major makeover, becoming a dark, handsome, full-blown library. Too bad all of the books are in Korean and I can't understand/make use of them. (...not that I really would have anyway. heh heh..)

The thing is, our apt is really small, so the influx of bookshelves has been pretty crazy. My dad has been working day in, day out and he really did an AMAZING job getting everything to fit so perfectly (He is BY FAR the handiest man I know. And I LOVE it.) Basically, every wall is lined with either a door, closet, piece of furniture, bookshelf, or even bookshelves above the furniture. No exaggeration. I promise.

If our family lived in Belle/Beast's mansion, we could totally fill that library up.

So, of course, pictures are worth more than words, and so here's proof to back up my claims.

(And a treat for those of you who have never seen my mysterious K-town home.... so everyone, basically. HAHA)

Living Room, Side 1











Living Room, side 2 and wider view from kitchen



Small wall b/w my room and my brother's

My room (new bookshelf for me too)











and more shelves to come and to be filled. (Parents' room)










Tis my humble abode.
Adieu.

5 comments:

  1. i'm telling you, that USC chair would've fit right in.

    but yay for new furniture. break in those sofas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it!!! may i visit your new ktown home?? i realized i've never been!! i love that your dad is such a handyman.. that is a good quality for a man to have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :). My dad is an handyman too.

    When I grow up, I want to be handy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet my dad has more books than your dad. :P

    Maybe, maybe not, but there's a ton of them.

    ReplyDelete