Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Some New Loves

Although I normally am completely turned off by men with tweezed, neatly trimmed eyebrows,
I must say that the Japanese men in Gokusen have charmed me to overlook those minor flaws. I don't even mind the fabulous blonde and brown hair either. haha. (but I'm sure in person, it'd be a different story)

So let me tell you a little about Gokusen. (I'm sure people won't read this post, but whatever.)
Yankumi = main character, teacher, granddaughter of a yakuza head (mob-leader)

So, there's this character named Tetsu, and he is just wonderful. He is one of the "henchmen" in the yakuza that lives in Yankumi's house. He actually has an ugly stache and beard thing going on, but I don't mind. His love, loyalty, and protection over Yankumi is so charming. He's hilarious and I hope they get together in the end. =( which they probably won't. =(
But anyway, Ken Kaneko is a boxer in real life, hence the pose.



















Matsumoto Jun plays Sawada Shin in G1, and he is from Arashi, which was my friend Yoko's FAVORITE band. In 5th grade, she would show me pictures of them and I thought they were so ugly, but my eyes have truly been opened. He has the rare talent like Robert Pattinson where when he looks into your eyes (the camera), he just makes you want to fall in love with him.


























Shun Ogiri plays Uchiyama, and let me tell you, he has some beautiful hairstyles throughout the show. But when he falls for this one girl, he gets sheepishly shy when he's normally rowdy and tough. So cute.







And the last 2 guys are in the band Kat-Tun: Akanishi Jin & Kazuya Kamenashi. They're the eye-candy of Season 2. Not as charming and wonderful, but I like them nonetheless. But I'm not done with Gokusen 2, so maybe I'll fall in love with them more as I continue to watch.

2 comments: