Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Trojan Pride..?

So, don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE USC, but other than the occasional sweater, future license plate attachment (if I EVER get a car), USC shirt for when I'm too lazy to wear a regular shirt, etc, I don't really care much about USC paraphernalia.

However, my dad on the other hand, gets very excited and thinks I want ALL THINGS USC.



For example, when we moved homes my freshman year, my dad went to Home Depot and got me these USC-themed keys, which were cute and actually really helpful in distinguishing between home and school keys.



But after this set of keys got stolen, he tried getting me the same thing, but they didn't understand and gave him this keychain instead. HAHA.



So, I thought this was the extent of it, but more recently, whenever my dad sees ANYTHING USC, anywhere, he calls me and asks if I want it, or he just buys it and surprises me with it. For example, he bought me a USC beanie from Lids when he was buying a hat for my brother (... and I appreciated it, but.. honestly... I have no use for it!)

But of course, my dad bought it for me, so I can't.. not.. wear it... you know?

So, what pushed it over, inspiring me to write this post, was this chair:

O_O ..right?


The chair I use at home is really old (but I love it). So my dad calls me and asks if I'd like a new one, like his (a nice, brown leather, comfy one), but with USC on it.


So... at first, I thought it could be nice to have a new chair. But when I went to look it up online, I was shocked to see this horrendously tacky chair. (Obviously, I told my dad not to buy it.)

So.. hahah yeah.. it's cute that my dad gets so excited for me, and I reallly do appreciate it, but.. my goodness, you gotta admit, there is some ugly/ridiculous USC paraphernalia out there.

7 comments:

  1. Hahaha. Good call. That chair is ugly. :).

    But your dad is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ad0rbz. (your dad, not $c).

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude joan that is way too hilarious and too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. um. you know how much i wanted that for our room?! come on now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHA..this made me crack uppp..

    I love UCLA paraphernalia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAH ur dad is awesome. and that chair is fugly..

    ReplyDelete